Friday, August 20, 2010

Obsessing About T-Shirts....

I'm continuing to obsess about dollar store T-shirts.
(I may or may not have purchased 15 more this week... heh heh...)


After some serious digging I found a 2T sized T-shirt in the bin at the dollar store, and originally intended to turn it into a peasant top BODICE for a little dress. But when I finished it up (only five minutes, folks! Try it!!) and put it on JellyBean, it was so cute as a little top that I couldn't talk myself into cutting into it! I'll just have to go back and look for another 2T shirt for my dress idea...


Then of course I found more color trios perfect for those tiered tops...


...and perhaps I got a little carried away!

Obviously there are many, many more shirts for me to cut into. Problem is, Fall is fast approaching, so it doesn't make sense to create more summery tops and dresses.

No worries, though. I have some ideas! :o)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!! I need to make some clothes!!!

Nancy said...

Theay are sooo cute. I love all of the color combinations. The good thing is that you can always layer them with a long sleeve shirt underneath.

Leslie said...

so cute, you are so talented

DJ Rose said...

So fun. Yesterday I went through your first-ever quilt tutorials. I am going to start one. :) I ordered a darning foot today for my machine. I am SO excited. Thank you for sharing these. I've never tackled a quilt succesfully, but I feel like I could with this tutorial. Thank You thank you thank you.

Care said...

DJ Rose,

YAY!!!! :oD I can't wait to see your quilt! Be sure to post pictures to the flickr group! :oD

Care.

Gerry's Soap N Stuff said...

How cute! What did you do to this shirt? Stitch some elastic on the neck and sleeves? I like it! Gerry

Stephanie said...

Adorable!

Billy said...

Next some shrugs to keep the cute arms warm in the winter.

Shari said...

Love the red shirt. Unfortunately, I don't have a Serger. Can I use a regular sewing machine?

Ms Muffin said...

How exactly did you make that red top? It is adorable!!! Totally love it!
Do you have to use a shirt that fits or that is larger? (Sorry, I have no idea what size 2T is.)

And btw, you can always wear those cute little dresses over longsleeve plain shirt and pants! Looks totally cute and adorable and is easier than making long sleeve dresses!